Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Silverstone GP Circuit

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 View related event: SILVERSTONE track day (8 Sep) View previous topic : View next topic  

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 22:33 - 03 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, only in inters because I haven't done the track before.

I wanted someone to play with, not to try and see where they went on the horizon Smile.

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 22:41 - 03 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing New then! G running from the police! Razz (no offence intended)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scratchy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:51 - 03 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Sorry, only in inters because I haven't done the track before.

I wanted someone to play with, not to try and see where they went on the horizon Smile.

I don't think that would be the case! I will be taking care on my new baby anyway!
I have raced at Silverstone before, but not he F1 circuit. I think there is a new chicane onto the start/finish straight now as well, isn't there?

The first pic on www.mad-als.com/andy is the result of my last race there (in the wet).

Scratchy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:57 - 03 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

R6stu wrote:
Nothing New then! G running from the police! Razz (no offence intended)

Laughing

If I end up doing the chasing on the track then things won't be going my way!

Mr Pants!
I Karma

PostPosted: 00:19 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pants is a pussy, Pants is a pussy

Is this supposed to make me go or something?

Quote:
You need to come Scratchy, G needs someone to play with in fast

Quote:
That's it, I'm going

Oh dear, I see a bike binning in my crystal ball............! Never challenge Scratchy like that, he will rather die than lose! Hiroshima??? Nothing in comparison......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 00:31 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume Scratchy got a bit past the back of the pack in rookie racing... which is about where my lap times would place me on tracks I know.

So not really any competition; would only be chased when he was going to lap me.

Sorry to disapoint Smile.

And I've only 'run' from the police once that I know of, and I didn't actually realise I had until I had slowed down again Confused.
My avatar would be because I didn't run from them.

Mr Pants!
I Karma

PostPosted: 00:45 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only joking about the Hiroshima bit, he is not that obsessed.... LOL

I will check my diary and see what is happening around this time.

Also may look into insurance, that is my only fear, binning my lovely R1 and going home with nothing..... Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:57 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

May well be worth looking at renting a track bike, there are several companies which offer this, you're looking around £150 for the days rental which includes everything you just turn up and ride a fairly sorted track bike. And if you are unfortunate to crash it, you just don't get your deposit back which is something like £200, but that's a lot cheaper than crashing your own bike so is good value.

Have a look at Lady Snoots as they are well priced etc believe G has hired one of their bikes with no problems before. Also Focused Events who are organising the track day offer you bike hire, is a bit more expensive but doesn't mention anything about deposits and even if they do would still be worth considering.

Thumbs Up

Scratchy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:31 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked!

On advice from the organiser I have been entered into the intermediate group as I have not ridden the full circuit and have not been on track for a significant amount of time.
I agreed with this, saying that I also wanted to protect my new bike and didn't want to feel under pressure to ride near the limit.

See you all there Thumbs Up Very Happy Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 11:24 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, and I'll probably still have the slicks as well, so it'll look even worse when a bike with oe road tyres humiliates me Razz (not that I actually care really.... it would be more dangerous if he's only a bit faster than me).

Mr Pants:
www.biketrackdays.co.uk and www.uktrackdays.co.uk have details of places that hire bikes.
The usual question is 'why are you going to crash: there aren't any cars, drain covers, junctions, etc etc'.
However you are obviously going to be pushing it a bit more than on the road. From what I've seen the insurance isn't that great a deal. I think there's still an excess etc anf it may not cover fairings.
Hiring is probably better as then you've got someobody else's bike that they expect to be crashed, so may not be so hesitant.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:39 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the itinerary sheet for Silverstone Focused Events say that if you're going to hire a bike you must do it from them. Apparently they've banned other hire companies from their events for "insurance reasons" Thumbs Down

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 12:12 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that be,
"So we can make a killing out of you suckers reasions?"
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

89CBRChris
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:37 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might take the day off and come and watch, I would like to see a track day in action before doing my first one.

is there a charge for spectators?

Dusty
King of the Rim

PostPosted: 14:39 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

89CBRChris wrote:
I might take the day off and come and watch, I would like to see a track day in action before doing my first one.

is there a charge for spectators?

I'm pretty sure there's no charge for spectators.

89CBRChris
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:30 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool

thanks dusty

Kickstart
The Oracle

PostPosted: 14:27 - 11 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Well, booked myself in.

Eeek.

All the best

Keith

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:45 - 12 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be coming along to watch. Thumbs Up

Andy99
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:24 - 18 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be tempted if there's any spaces left.
However,i'm not sure what group to go for,i've not done a track day in a few years,but i was roughly at inters level on my NC30 a few years back. It's just that i've not even seen the silverstone layout let alone ridden round it. Any advice please people?

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:54 - 18 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you fast in inters; getting past people or being held up by people on the corners in inters?

Inters has a big range in, so you would probably be ok, but might be best to go for novice and see if you can move up. Silverstone seems to be pretty wide, so you shouldn't be getting held up too much, whatever group you're in.

Andy99
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:03 - 18 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers G,i'll give them a ring in the morning and see whats available.I'll probably go into novices as the tracks nice and wide. I'd rather have the problem of overtaking people than being a mobile chicane Embarassed

Scratchy
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 03:15 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to getting out on the track again, It's been a while. I really don't want to damage my bike though, I was a bit of a crasher in my time.
I'm going to go steady, so I don't know how my speed will compare to the rest in my class (inters). Should be up there I guess, I just won't be breaking any lap records.

If I bin my new bike I will cry.

Andy99
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:11 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats it,i've booked myself into the novice class. I really can't wait,it's been a long time since i last did a trackday Very Happy

sv_cath
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 20:22 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be coming along to take photos, but I've got to drop the littl'un off at nursery first so I'll be in the car.
I won't be there til about 10ish and have to leave at about 4 but if anyone wants to put anything or anyone (!) in the car let me know!

Andy99
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:12 - 19 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be of interest to those of you going to Silverstone Smile
Some are a bit large but worth it if you are prepared to wait.

https://www.jayadair.com/videos.asp

madcyril
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 00:15 - 20 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i pass my test on tuesday and i dont get a job by then , i will come along to meet some of you guys as silverstone is all of 10 miles from my house !
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 291 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4